I cant find flue post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In reply to the posting that just vanished about the Potterton flue position:

The flue pipe should not extend from the wall surface. The measurement is taken along the wall surface (that is how the standard is written). The original instructions will probably give a distance of 300mm minimum from the door opening.

If the installer considers the combustion products are sufficiently diluted it will be classed as Not to Current Standards. It is purely advisory and most people will not worry.

If the combustion products can enter the doorway in their neat state (highly unlikely as the boiler fan will blow them out some distance) then it the fault category would be upgraded.

Any elbow or other such device fitted on the end of the flue is almost certainly illegal - since it will not be approved by the manufacturer - it is very doubtful Potterton produce such an item for this boiler.

MOD 2
either change the title or this will vanish shortly (ie 5 mins )

perhaps some one else edited it, or its moved down?

(I also re named it)

Sponsored Links
There were several postings to the original topic. As I went to submit it couldn't find it. Somethings going on.......

It's high time ALL the manufacturers introduced plume diversion kits for ALL their fanned flue products not just steamers.

Otherwise many of us, myself especially will only fit boilers whose manufacturers accomodate our needs in this respect, anmd they will find themselves in the mInardi camp never able to afford to enter the fight for supremacy with Ferrari due to underfunding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back