Why Does It Keep Turning Itself Off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble with my Falcon II combi boiler at the moment. When you switch on the hot water or heating, the boiler will light up and then turn off and the red shut off light comes on. You then have to turn the switch to off, then turn it around to re-set and if I am lucky it will start up and be okay. Usually I have to do the above about 2 times before it kicks in properly.

It does not do this all the time, and it does it more with the heating than the water.

Anyone have any ideas for me to try or is it just a case of me asking a plumber to come in. Any help appreciated.

Tracey

Sponsored Links
I'm not familioar with the boiler, but in general a boiler checks to see that certain important features are working before it will work. Such features as passage of water through the boiler and round the system, passage of air through the combustion chamber, passage of gas and ignition of that gas. Similarly temperature sensors check for whether there is any need for it to light, or whether it has overheated.

there are many sensors to assess the full situation, and on the brain of the boiler, some relays which switch in these devices. Any one of these things or the brain itself may have an intermittant fault, have failed, may be warning of a problem, like poor system water condition or creeper growing in flue, sticky stuff in gas supply.

Only a competent person can properly assess what is happening.

Thatnks to energy efficiency rulings and the elimination of pilot lights and naturally aspirated boilers your boiler is in need of expert attention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back