Boiler Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, could anyone throw some light on this problem please?
I have a combi boiler - ideal classic FF 230-280 (not sure of exact model)
The trouble is when i turn on the water or heating, it fires up straight away but, for only about 5 mins. Then the light goes out although it sounds like the boiler is still running????
If i turn,it off, i have to leave it for probably 15-20 mins before it will ignite again but, again for only 5 mins.
I have bled the radiators but, they were ok and also i have tried to release any trapped air in the airing cupboard from a pipe with a screwed top on ( :oops: sorry lol)
Can anyone tell me what the problem is before i call in the plumber?

Any help would be fantastic!

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
Yeah, it appears to be as i get some warm water and the radiators get slighty warm. It sounds like it's working

Thanks

mak67uk said:
Yeah, it appears to be as i get some warm water and the radiators get slighty warm. It sounds like it's working

Thanks

try venting the pump

Sponsored Links
BOB.DOLE said:
mak67uk said:

Thanks

try venting the pump

How would i do this. also the pump seems to run ok and i have just tried it again and the boiler ran for 5 mins and i watched the gas burner flame just 'fade away' - the boiler keeps running but with no gas light/burner?

Would venting the pump sort this? and how would i do it

thx

Ian

mak67uk said:
BOB.DOLE said:
mak67uk said:

Thanks

try venting the pump

How would i do this. also the pump seems to run ok and i have just tried it again and the boiler ran for 5 mins and i watched the gas burner flame just 'fade away' - the boiler keeps running but with no gas light/burner?

Would venting the pump sort this? and how would i do it

thx

Ian

just undo the screw on the pump and turn it a few times with a screwdriver. with boiler turned off.

if this does not sort it, try contiunity on the overheat stat. check flue s not blocked

could also be the thermistors sounds to me you need to get a multimeter out.

Nice one Bob
I will try those few things out and let you know how i get on

regards,
Ian

I vented the pump but, no air came out
Just tried the boiler again, got all the right noises except no flame!

Ian

The boiler stayed alight for around 15 minutes this time
Do you think it could be a sensor that's faulty or something?

Thanks,

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back