Alpha 240 combi bolier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our boiler is the Alpha 240 combi. When we turn on the hot water it heats up just fine however its strictly one tap at a time. You cant turn on the shower and the kitchen tap at the same time. Any ideas?

Also, only about half of our radiators work. A mix of upstairs and downstairs ones. I have tried bleeding and its a temporarly fix. Next day its back to the same deal.

Whilst i am not particuarly diy savvy i am loathe to call someone out without trying to fix it myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links
Thats normal for a combi boiler.

Yours only gives about 8 litres per minute of hot water and its up to you to decide which tap(s) to use that from.

Tony

You're implying that your rads need frequent bleeding - they shouldn't. It's likely to be corrosion gas collecting in them. That needs attention.
Corrosion blocks radiators too. Try Balancing the rads - see FAQ.

Corrosion products will also reduce the amount of Hot tap water available.
Test the flow at the shower at showering temperature. That should be about 8-10 litres/ minute, depending on the mains temperature. If it's below about 7, it could be improved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back