100 quid to "service" a Megaflo?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this the going rate?!

I can't really see what there is to "service", other than regenerate the air bubble (which I do myself anyway) and ensure the relief valves work.

The same people quoted me 65 quid to service my Baxi Barcelona, which sounds okay.

Just a bit bemused by the Megaflo cost, or am I being unreasonable?

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. Inclined to agree. Ask them what they actually do.

WTF???? £100 for 1/2 hr max, and no tools needed!!! That's the job for me, where do you live? :D :D

Hey im now a Heatrae Sadia service engineer as well :) Ive done the unvented course and 1 days training and im now an expert on them and i didnt realise how many products they have got :confused: Santon as well is part of them :confused: Scary

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
Hey im now a Heatrae Sadia service engineer as well :) Ive done the unvented course and 1 days training and im now an expert on them and i didnt realise how many products they have got :confused: Santon as well is part of them :confused: Scary

Congratulations Gaz :LOL:

Makes one wonder why a potty engineer would want one mind :LOL:

Are you going to be at installer live on Friday the 20th.

Testing my memory but don't they require a full drain down to check / replace the sacrificial anode?

Add to that clean the strainer and you have a mega service

are you sure they did not mean 100 for both

servicing a barc is a pain and takes a while but a megaflo is a pop!!

ring em up and asked them why??

My firm charges 65 for boiler service and 45 for megaflo.

Testing my memory but don't they require a full drain down to check / replace the sacrificial anode?

Failed the test mate. Megaflo don't got no s.a. ;)

If some dork has fited the MF valve low down you have to drain the tank to check the filter though.

How do you check the filter? The only one I've managed to get apart without damaging it, was a new one, never been fitted. One that I did try to open with the Sadia recommended method of two screwdrivers, had the black cap in one hand and and all the other parts firmly stuck in place. Never tried it again.

doitall said:

No I try to avoid those things !

Wot i meant was Heateam the service division of Baxi Potterton Powermax Valor is now the service division of Heatrae Sadia as well :rolleyes: How much more can we take :confused:

doitall said:

No I try to avoid those things !

Wot i meant was Heateam the service division of Baxi Potterton Powermax Valor is now the service division of Heatrae Sadia as well :rolleyes: How much more can we take :confused:

Thought you would have turned up and said hello to the coach load of Agri supporters :cry: :cry:

Why do you think i avoid them :D

no seriously i was looking at our figures for the new stainless steel range of HE boilers and the reliability is up 20% which is a big improvement :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back