Feroquest - Cleaning CH System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to clean down my CH system and have been recommended to use a chemical called Feroquest. I've tried googling this and don't get anything back.
Has anyone out there used it?
Is it any good or am I just as well of using Fernox Super Concentrate which I have used before?

Sponsored Links
perhaps the person spelt it wrong and meant Fernox.

edited haha! you've edited your post so I don't make sense!

Ferroquest is very good and is now called X800.

Its effectively a fast version of X400 and is a non acid cleaner for sludged systems.

It only needs from a few hours to 2-3 days and is very effective for power flushing.

Tony

Sorry just made an edit after speaking to a friend who was with me at the time and it was me that had the name wrong it is Feroquest.

Sponsored Links
Easy to get:
Partscenter or (PlumbCenter I thiink)
Selected Product:608119

Description SENTINEL FERROQUEST 1LTR
BG1161 PN1161 MAT1161

Note the BG reference - it was developed in conjunction with them for doing same-day powerfflushing.

So which do people think is better the Ferroquest or a tube of the Fernox Super Concentrate Restorer? I do not mind how long the chemicals need to stay in the system other than being able to do the job over 1 or several weekends.

I don't think it's advisable to leave ferroquest in for more than the quoted 2 to 3 hours. In your case you may aswell use Sentinel X400 and leave it in for the next four weeks using the heating as much as you dare, leaving all rads turned on.

I did once come across someone who mistakenly X400 in a system for 6 months. He didn't realise that was aproblem. Anyhow I drained it out without delay flushed the system with clean water and put in the all important inhibitor whose main function is to neutralise the ph of the system water. Old heavyweight boilers actually benefit from a slightly acidic system water and don't seem to need any chemicals. My Ideal Mexico system is at least 30 years old and in the 9 years I've owned it, it's had no interference, no problems with the rads no corosion, no boiler problems no pump problems no zone valve problems.

Of course when I do eventually fit a modern boiler the whole system will require days of work. I am certainly not planning to fit trv's at home though.

Maximum 3 hours refers to any aluminim being flushed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back