Potterton Profile 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Profile 80e boiler in my CH system - which is currently refusing to fire up. When the controller calls for heat from the boiler, the pilot light comes on but the main boiler does not fire up. I can hear the fan in the boiler going and the pump too. Any ideas gentlemen? Also are spares still available for this model? - not that I would carry out any repairs ! ! .

Many thanks for your observations and comments.

:eek:

Sponsored Links
Does the pilot stay alight? Does it stop sparking? First thing to check would be the main solenoid on the gas valve.

your looking for about 900 ohms on solenoid marked up EV2

Unfortunatley unless you own a multi-meter and know how to use it i'd suggest calling a corgi engineer. good luck

rob

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies Rob, I'll do that - Please can you tell me if spares are still available for this model?

All of them, no problems there. And it's the sort of boiler which will last for years. We change a few pcbs and gas valves, otherwise nothing unusual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back