VERY ANNOYING TICKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here so first posting.

I had a completely new central heating system fitted 15 months ago. Every time combi boiler cuts in (but only when towel rail and radiators set to provide heat) I get 20 or 30 ticks over less than 5 minutes till boiler cuts out when sufficient heat provided. If I am downstairs, the ticks sound like they come from downstairs, if I am upstairs, they sound like from upstairs. They are metallic clicks. The installing plumber has been back twice but can't solve it. Any ideas, please? Not a problem in summer months when system only provides hot water to taps.

Sponsored Links
Pipes have not been lagged in the notches, or the holes where the tail come out the floor are too tight.

If the pipes are touching the plaster board it will have the same effectg.

I dont think the installer is a member of the Institute !

Nor has he remembered what he was taught about installing pipework!

A lazy and careless individual!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I dont think the installer is a member of the Institute !

Nor has he remembered what he was taught about installing pipework!

A lazy and careless individual!

Tony

er how can you say that agile??

us IPHE's are not infallable I for one have followed a "eng Tech" and have been amazed by his ineptitude

we all have a bad day, and we live and learn

WITSEND999 said:
Hi all, new here so first posting.

I had a completely new central heating system fitted 15 months ago. Every time combi boiler cuts in (but only when towel rail and radiators set to provide heat) I get 20 or 30 ticks over less than 5 minutes till boiler cuts out when sufficient heat provided. If I am downstairs, the ticks sound like they come from downstairs, if I am upstairs, they sound like from upstairs. They are metallic clicks. The installing plumber has been back twice but can't solve it. Any ideas, please? Not a problem in summer months when system only provides hot water to taps.

I cannot believe you have counted the ticks and over how long!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back