Help needed with problem power shower!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope someone can help!

For the last few weeks, my powershower been pumping out only hot water intermittently, if the on/off lever is pulled out fully. Tonight my son has tried to use the shower and although there is a "hum" noise coming from the on/off lever, barely any water is coming out at all. I'm terribly worried as my husband is away for work at the moment and we can't really do with out the shower. Any ideas at all anyone please????

Many thanks indeed,

Mandy

Sponsored Links
sounds like a wallmounted booster pump mixer, its either air in the pump or a worn out pump. if its a mira it may be worth a repair but if its a cheap make i,d replace it, but that dont help ya really how long till his back?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, for your replies. The shower is in our bungalow loft conversion, so I'd have to get into the loft space to find out the name of the shower. He'll hopefully be back Wednesday - we'll have to make do with the bath downstairs for now. Out of interest, is it easy to fit a new pump, if that's what's required?

Thanks again,

Mandy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back