Commercial Bldg Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know there a few variables, but is there a ballpark water pressure for a commercial building? For example, if I walked into McDonalds, hooked a pressure gauge onto their garden hose outlet, what pressure range should I expect to see?

Is if there is a common regulator that is placed on buildings that automatically drop pressure to... lets say... 80 PSI?

I know it can vary depending on water towers, etc etc..

Thanks

++++++
Please be aware that this is a UK website and our water supply and plumbing standards and techniques are extremely different to yours.

Mod Rupert
++++++

Sponsored Links
McDonalds have exactly the same water pressure as Mrs Beaty next door! Thats not surprising as they are connected to the same main.

Mains pressure in London usually varies between 0.8 and 3.5 Bar static.

Tony

Would that be a New York MacDonalds or a London MacDonalds?

Sponsored Links
Anyone noticed that Chris R, formally in the Antartic, has now moved back to London !

Wouldn't Surrey be more correct though?

I had assumed this fellow was really in the UK as he talked about a "garden hose" which is pretty British.

The New Yorkers usually have a "back yard" with a "yard hose".

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back