Potterton Prima 70 very flaky - new PCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a Potterton Prima 70. It has slowly got worse over about three years, and just does not want to seem to want to light and fire up.

Sometimes it fires up for just for a few seconds, and sometimes it does not and goes into 'lock out' mode. And then it may work for a couple of days without problem.

I have read a few threads about it on here. So I looked at PCB, which was lose on its mountings. I also waggled the connections and pressed the chips back in to place, as one had popped slightly. This made it better for a short while, but it soon lapsed back into it's inconsistent ways.

I am no plumber but it would seem to be that swapping the PCB over may help.

Can anyone agree with that, with the information given?

I am worried I may buy the wrong one. Not sure how many there are, or if there are different boiler models.

I am getting lots of flak off the missus :( (maybe I should just replace both at once!)

Thanks in advance

Lewej

Sponsored Links
there is no "lockout mode"

however, it could be the pcb

google for a recon one

significantly cheaper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back