Glow worm swift flow 75

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. i've got a boiler prob. Glow worm swift flow 75
The main burner seems to be blowing out the pilot.
Unlike others i'm not trying to use the central heating ,just hot wwater.
Problem started couple of days ago.
i checked what i could and found a loose bleed nipple on the cold in.

What happens now Switch power to the boiler on pump runs and pressure goes up to 0.6 (with ch and hw off, and c switch off), but goes off after ten secondsish, and pressure drops to 0.2. Get the pilot lit. It's stable. go down to the Grasslin controller put hw on to constant, pilot light stays lit.
Then turn a hot tap in the bathroom on a bit and the boiler sounds like it's firing up but then there's no pilot.Wait a bit and no hot water no matter how long i wait

Any ideas please?
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The fans sometime sieze causing the overheat thermostat to knock the pilot light out.

thanks for the reply i'm guessing thats the fan by the entrance to the flue. i'll have a look in the mrning and post back progress
thanks

Use the filling loop to get the pressure up to about 1 bar, too. See faq section.

Sponsored Links
Thanks soo much ollski, spot on.
kind of makes sense now ...thanks again

great site ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back