Kinder Firebokse Gas Fire

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone fitted this fire?

I was invited to carry out work on this fire/ installation by a chimney company (they call me for gas related work). The fire was fitted by a fireplace ‘showroom’ outfit who have walked away from the install saying chimney is defective.

Spillage checks needs to be carried out 20mm below the ‘gauze’ pelmet which is some distance from the spigot port. Needless to say, despite conversion of ridge vent to 1m stack on the pitch roof, the prefab block chimney fails to exert sufficient pull on the POC. Smoke match held deeper into the fire does not spill.

Feedback from anyone familiar with this fire would be most welcome

Sponsored Links
This the living flame with the pebbles? Sorry DFE fire? I have fitted one or several, fire away... ;).....................it would appear my wisdom & wealth of experience on this particular subject is unwelcome :cry: Shame..I could have taught the lad so much...(sniff).

As I said in the post, precast chimney is not clearing POC.

Builder's opeining depth of 110mm is as specified.

Did you have any problems commissioning the fire?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back