Biasi Riva Compact keeps loosing pressure even after refill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler keeps losing pressure. I realise that this is to do with the amount of water that is in the combi boiler. I have figured out how to use the filling loop and am currently having to fill the boiler every time I use the central heating for longer than an hour before I can even get a shower.

I realise that this suggests a leaky system, but I am worried about this, 1 because I cant see any leaks and 2 because I must have a REALLY leaky system. Might it be the boiler?

Any suggestions on what it may be would be appreciated as I would like to have a bit of insight before I call a plumber round.

Thanks for your advice!!!

Sponsored Links
You should check the pressure relief vent which may go through the wall to the outside.

Even if its not leaking now tie a bottle over it to see if it leaks later.

There are lots of rad valves and pipework. Go round feeling for wetness.

Last there is a water joint on the left inside the combustion chamber. This can leak and the water gets boiled away so is not seen. That really needs a CORGI to deal with it.

Tony

It could be that your pressure relief valve is letting -by,there should be a 15mm copper pipe leaving your boiler probably to outside,if you can see the end of this pipe then check it and see if it is discharging water when the heating is on. What does the pressure gauge read on the boiler? You may have a pressure vessel problem-either way you should get an RGI to take a look at it.--Sorry,Tony beat me to it. :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this! :)
I will put the heating on later and see what the score is.
If it was a large leak in the system, do you think that I would have seen it by now. I am worried that there is water leaking under the floorboards etc that I cant see. Would that chemical leak fixer sort out a large leak in the system?

Thanks again!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back