hw but no ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
alright people can u help
my boiler fires up for hw but doesn't for ch, i can manually open the motorized value to get heating, so i know the value isn't stuck, iv changed the motor on the value, and changed the stat but the problem is still the same. can anyone help!!!!

Sponsored Links
is it a 2 port valve? assuming wiring is all correct its possible that the ball and spindle inside the valve may be slightly seized too stiff for the motor to move.

If you have changed the roomstat & motor it might be your programmer/clock.

the value has 3 pipes, and is quite hard to open manually, not shore if this is normal! is there anyway of bye passing the digital programmer?

Sponsored Links
You should feel some resistance when moving the lever on your three port valve manually, you should be able to do it by hand if not the valve may be seized.

i think the value must be ok then, ill try changing the programmer, thanks for your help, ill report back how i get on.

Errr...I wouldn`t do that before getting an electrician in to have a look & test, It might be the clock, have it checked by a competent electrician before going any further.

got an electrician coming round this weekend, ill get him to check it out for me, thanks again.

Why is the electrician coming at the weekend instead of during the week?

Thats normally double time!

Does your 3 port valve have a little circuit board in it if so this could be faulty and whole valve needs changing

If it were me I'd check that the motor was connected up properly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back