Worcester 30si - pressure gauge fluctuates when hot water on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently had a leaky rad valve which caused the pressure on our Worcester 30si to drop to 0. The hot water still worked fine during this period and it wasn't until yesterday the boiler started making some strange noises. Today I fixed the leaky valve and repressurised the system up to 1.5 bar. However, now when I switch the hot water on, the boiler fires up for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. On closer inspection, the pressure gauge when the boiler is on for about 10 seconds starts fluctuating up and down and at this point the boiler switches off. I thought it may have been due to air in the system and so I went around all rads and bleeded them (only 1 needed doing and it was very little air).

I'm getting an earful now as the g/f can't have a shower and of course, it's all my fault.

Please help!

Paul

Sponsored Links
twocom said:
Hi,

We recently had a leaky rad valve which caused the pressure on our Worcester 30si to drop to 0. The hot water still worked fine during this period and it wasn't until yesterday the boiler started making some strange noises. Today I fixed the leaky valve and repressurised the system up to 1.5 bar. However, now when I switch the hot water on, the boiler fires up for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. On closer inspection, the pressure gauge when the boiler is on for about 10 seconds starts fluctuating up and down and at this point the boiler switches off. I thought it may have been due to air in the system and so I went around all rads and bleeded them (only 1 needed doing and it was very little air).

I'm getting an earful now as the g/f can't have a shower and of course, it's all my fault.

Please help!

Paul

Some further information here, now the boiler is reluctant to fire up at all. When it does, and the pressure starts fluctuating lots it starts making some very horrible noises that I don't like the sound of before shutting off.

I've just enjoyed a freezing cold shower after a long day of DIY and I've given up the idea that it should be something easy to fix. I'm going to give the plumber who installed it ~5 months ago a call tomorrow for him to come and have a look.

Sorted this out now. It was air in the rads, turned heating on, bled rads, hot water now works fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back