raven heat 820/20 no hot water

hi Tony

the igniter is working the pilot light is on

I have tried tapping the valves ....no joy

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
It does not have an igniter when the pilot light is running!

Tony

He`s not a gas fitter Tony, everyone else is reading between the lines to try & help the guy, you stating the bleedin` obvious helps no-one, if you can`t be constructive, p**ss off.

I think it`s the gas valve fellah, you need to have it checked out by a reputable Corgi engineer.

hi mate

I will do.

Was kinda hoping for a quick fix :(
I have the bloody thing all stripped down , checked all the wiring , the gas valve is a step too far for me though..

Is there a diaphram inside there?

ddrddr said:
hi mate

I will do.

Was kinda hoping for a quick fix :(
I have the b****y thing all stripped down , checked all the wiring , the gas valve is a step too far for me though..

Is there a diaphram inside there?

The Law precludes me from advising you any further, you need a competent Gas fitter to check your gas valve.

Sponsored Links
just as a foot note.

I called someone out , guy was here for about 5 minutes .
Very straight forward fault apparently....nothing to do with gas valves.

I could kick myself too as I read somewhere about someone else with the same fault.

It was a sticky pressure switch , repaired by a bit of tubing which the fitter blew into / or sucked ?

Thus releasing the stuck switch.
BTW the guy gets paid by the hour or by any part of...An easy TON for him!

This information may help others in a similar predicament , just wish someone had given me more concise help.
There was another wiring fault but i fixed that myself , the fitter told me it was too complicated!!! (even though i had paid for his services for a further 45 minutes)
Good example of rip off Britain!

Right I am away for a bath a shave and to bask in the heat of my wonderful central heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back