Toilet spits water on to flor when flushed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The toilet now spills / spits water on the carpet when it is flushed.
I have tried flushing with a half a cistern full and the same problem occurs.

Could the jets under the rim be blocked?
How do i fix this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yarn said:
Hi,

The toilet now spills / spits water on the carpet when it is flushed.
I have tried flushing with a half a cistern full and the same problem occurs.

Could the jets under the rim be blocked?
How do i fix this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance.
Limescale remover and put the seat down before flushing :LOL:

Well, I used a whole bottle of Limescale remover, bit it was from the supermarket. Can anybody recommend something really heavy duty?

I have to put the seat down, but I have now had to replace 1 wooden seat as the water got in the joins.

I really want to fix this...

Can you see any evidence to suggest that the cistern and the pan were not part of the same set?

Sponsored Links
Oh yes!!

Pan is porceline.

Cistern is cheap plastic job. Whole thing flexes about. It is really hard to get the lid to sit on properly. The float can stick at the botton too, sometimes because the cistern flexes out of shape. I had to wedge a piece of wood to allow the float to go up and down.

(probably going to tell me to buy another cistern? lol!).

I think you now know what the cause of the problem is. :LOL:

Thanks John,

But I cant understand what the problem is. If the cistern is wrong size, why does half a tank still cause problem?

I was thinking that the holes are blocked under the rim, but i cant an implement up there to clean them out.

If I fit a new cistern, should i go all the way and fit a new pan?
If the cistern is wrong, how do I choose the right one?

I'm told that you should always fit a cistern and pan as a matched set.

But some of the pro plumbers (not me) will know more about it. I expect one will be along in a minute.

Apreciate any help.

I think the cistern has been replaced, but maybe it is original.
I have lived here for 2 years. Im sure the problem has got worse.

Try viakal neat and squirt it up the holes and leave for 10 mins ( beware the stuff corrodes certain surfaces so read label) and agitate with a skewer or needle or something, but i rekon it's a 70 quid replacement from b and q for you, good luck and happy scrubbing, putting the loo seat down mite b the cheap option ! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back