Gas Hob Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Is it legal to use an micropoint cooker hose on a Gas hob ?

I have taken delivery of a new kitchen and am stuck?
Which to fit first?, the hob or the units? Trouble is the space is tight and I don't want to have to remove them for a gas pipe install.
If the gas pipe is installed before I fix the units then I could accidently dislodge the new pipe when leveling and fixing the units and kitchen top.

If I fix the units before the pipe is fitted then I may get "it's not possable" with the units in.

Is there a normal order of doing this?
Easiest option is a flexible pipe as mentioned, but I here this is not allowed anymore???

Help

Sponsored Links
One assumes you were able to read the manufacturers instructions, and at the same time ask your Corgi guy how he would like to do the work and in what order.

you cannot use a flexible cooker hose on a fixed appliance. If it is fixed which most gas hobs are ;) it has to be piped solid with copper pie usually. Flexible cooker hoses are for free standing cookers only.

No doubt your corgi engerneer will know this.

More to answering your question. depending on the situation . I would first fix a copper pipe inplace roughly where the hob wants to be. Fit your units and worktop. Cut off for the hob then pipe the hob up from underneath. i presume the hob will be going above a cooker housing. So should be staright forward to fix.

micky p said:
you cannot use a flexible cooker hose on a fixed appliance.
Sometimes a flexible hose connection to a hob is permitted.

Sponsored Links
Well it must be a little known fact cos i would of agreed with micky p. Fixed appliance = fixed pipework. BUT i'm open to correction.

bab said:
Well it must be a little known fact cos i would of agreed with micky p. Fixed appliance = fixed pipework. BUT i'm open to correction.

Ive always known it as FLUED appliances MUST have a rigid connection.
Some hobs do allow a flexible hose.

I'm with chrishutt.

There is something on the corgi site about it (somewhere)

Also i thought it was fixed "flued" appliance=fixed pipework.

Some manufactures state a flexible connection is acceptable.

However the majority of hobs are installed above ovens and therefore the hose manufactures installations can't often be complied with ie maximum operating temperatures, no strain on the hose etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back