Fluidmaster or Torbeck, what's best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm about to replace the float valve in my cistern. I was wondering whether to replace the original torbeck with a new one or try out a new fluidmaster float valve,

Does anyone know which one's best?

Regards,

Marcus

Sponsored Links
I like the Torbeck, but they are prone to dirt or grit in the water.

What went wrong with your old one?

The Sleeve split, and water was spraying out of the lever arm, for £8.99 may as well get new system, they both the same price, it's just Fluidmaster sounds sturdier?

What you think?

Thanks for help

I'm not a plumber, my Torbecks have never gone wrong, but if it's a side-entry and you've had a bad experience with one, yes, maybe try the alternative.

If it's a bottom-entry, it is more of a job to change it, so I would be tempted to use another Torbeck if you can just change the top part.

Sponsored Links
Hi John,

Yes it is a side entry inlet, do you know of anyone who has used a fluidmaster and what their response is to it?

Cheers for help,

Marcus

yes, I had one fitted in my mother's house about 2 years ago with a new WC, it works fine, no probs. The matching flusher, too, again, no probs. It just looks sort of big and complicated to me compared to the Torbeck and Flapper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back