No Cold Water from Wash Basin Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i have noticed that my cold water tap from my wash basin has been reduced to a trickle. It now doesn't even come on. The cold/hot water in all the other taps around the house are fine, its just this one?

I have a mixer tap so will try running the hot water and covering the spout as it may be air in the pipe, but if anyone can offer any other help that would be great.

Many thanks
Jo :confused:

Sponsored Links
the falut is usually the tap guts that have become undone/loose or seized inside/under the handle.

Does the tap turn as when it was ok. If not then that is your falut. This can be repaired if patient or just simply buy new tap guts/inners.
If you buy new inners then take the tap head with you as the spindle needs to match the head.

Thanks
Nick

thanks for your help,

the taps do turn as when they worked just no water comes out.

what a pain!!

Sponsored Links
even if the tap still turns as it should, then the washer may have come loose from the inner and stuck in the bottom.

Thanks

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back