Cost for replacing lead rising main pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the approximate cost for repalcing an internal rising main pipe as it is lead - and any info on how easy/hard a job it is?

Any info would be appreciated!

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
too many variables to give meaningful answer, mod will have a sticky to link to also.

Might cost £100 might cost £500, might cost £1,000. I can picture all three scenarios and worse ones.

Okay - thanks for your help. It has come up on a survey for a house we are buying, so I thought I'd try to get an idea of the kind of job it is - but I'm guessing that I'll need to wait till I'm in and get someone out to inspect it!

if it`s internal ...does it go under the front garden too :?: and how much iron pipe have you got also :idea: you need a good plumber to survey it all for you

Sponsored Links
Surveyors have a number of standard paragraphs for older houses,

Old ceiling might fall down

Storage tank needs replacing

lead pipes

needs rewire of not done in last 50 years

etc etc etc

the house is already valued to account for these things don't be distracted by these litigation avoiding clauses of surveyors, and don't worry about what may never happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back