hows this for a ch system from a newbie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
dear all

wonder if its ok to get any feedback on a proposed system for a bungalow we're moving into.

there are rads in 3 beds, 1 lounge, 1 brick extention, 1 glass conservatory, 2 bathrooms (1 of them a garage conversion with no bath - just an electric shower, basin, loo - the other a standard bathroom) .

the rads and pipes are in reasonable knick.

we'd like to leave scope for a possible conversion in the loft (which is spacious) at a later date.

currently there is a just condemed vulcan floor boiler in the kitchen and cylinder occupying a corner cupboard. Above the cylinder in the loft are the tanks in poor shape.

in the unconverted part of the garage is biasis combi bolier - we think providing hot water for the conversion in the bathroom on a seperate system(!). this is dodgy self install by the previous occupant - now deceased - no connection i hope!

we want to lose both boilers and create 1 system.

we don't have lot of cash - £3k but if when we sell we want to be able to speak with pride about the ch.

we propose to fit:
valliant ecoTEC Plus 618HE and
Fortic Range Hot Water Cylinder Direct Combination
in the loft

and Power Flush the system and fit Thermostatic Radiator Valves to the rads.

all the hot water outlets will come from the cylinder with drinkable water.

this is sealed system with unvented hot water isn't?

how does that sound?

tia

Sponsored Links
your cylinder (and thus Hot water) is not unvented ;)

thats why it has a tank on top of the hot water store.

That's why he proposes to fit a Fortic cylinder :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You have chosen a combi boiler and a direct vented cylinder.

This does not make any sense.

I assume you mean a Fortic INdirect cylinder. This is a vented cylinder (the cold tank sits on top of the hot cylinder). Being indirect you can heat it using the radiator output from the heating side of the combi.

I can only think you may want to do this to have an immersion heater backup and feed the bath taps off the cylinder and the shower off the combi.

fortics eh??

nice shower that will give

the rest sounds spot ****** to me

:?: East Sussex.........I don`t go West, no more ;)

thanks for getting back guys -

Obviously not describing the system properly made it difficult for you but i sense that basically the system I described but with an INdirect cylinder will be fine.

your cylinder (and thus Hot water) is not unvented

whoops. my mistake. think i must have got the wrong fortic -

I assume you mean a Fortic INdirect cylinder.

I think you're right gasguru - this must be what we propose.

fortics eh??

nice shower that will give

ummmm as in not nice corgiman??

the rest sounds spot **** to me

as in spot 'on' corgiman or a four letter word?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back