dripping boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a slow drip from my Worcester 9.24 boiler from the red drum that contains the pressure release valve. my pressure is about right i think around 1.5 to 2 bar

Sponsored Links
The red drum is the expansion vessel the car tyre valve (Schraeder Valve) on it is not your pressure release valve it is for checking Expansion vessel pressure if it is leaking then you definately need a new expansion vessel. Until you get one fitted, empty one radiator and use it as an air pocket for expansion.

On these boilers by now this part is usually on it's last legs the main heat ex is often scaled up, the OH stat is tired may have been reset a few times and could do with replacement the auto air vent needs sorting, the prv itself could be in need of replacement, the diverter valve may be OK if you are lucky and don't get the pcb wet whatever you do.

Apart from that, it's a doddle.

In short Paul means that it may be time to consider a replacement boiler !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back