Dead Whirlpool Washer Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I have a Whirlpool Washer Dryer 1000(built-in model) which is about 9 years old. There is another number on the fascia which is 320. Even though I have the original instruction book I can't be more precise about the model number unfortunately.

Occassionally the machine would rock violently if it was overloaded or the load was unevenly distributed. Normally, it would either settle down or I would get into the kitchen to switch it off before it shook to pieces. This time, however, it started to rock noisily and then cut out completely. There is no power going to the machine at all at the moment.

I haven't managed to get new fuses for the plug or the wall safety switch yet but I'll be checking those soon. Is there a cut-off switch or another fuse somewhere in the machine I can check? Or does it sound like a major part has gone?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

jahman

Sponsored Links
No internal fuse, confirm power getting to the machine.
If it is, check the on/off switch followed by the door interlock.

Well, it's definitely none of the fuses.

Got someone coming to look at it on Friday morning but I'm not sure it's worth the money. £80 to tell me it's knackered or just put it towards a new machine?

Cheers,

jahman

Sponsored Links
Definite possibility that the instability is connected with the dead fault. The cause of which could be loose counterweight or faulty damper. Would appreciate feedback after your white goods engineer calls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back