shower traps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'m fitting a new shower cubicle, tray etc. The tray will be on a concrete floor and raised by the four adjustable legs. My plumber friend told me to get a reasealing trap. I\\\'ve just noticed that the guy in the merchants has given me a 19mm trap. What\\\'s the difference and which one do I need please?

Sponsored Links
If you can get a reasonable run using 40/50mm using a standard trap i would go for that.

Sponsored Links
Does that mean a run of 40 to 50 mm? And what would be the difference if I used the reasealing trap?

One way Traps fail is when the water gets "pulled" out bythe piston action of a pipeful of water. Resealing traps , and traps with air admittance valves, let air in without the water going down the pipe.
Your 19mm seal trap doesn't comply with Bldg Regs and will empty easily, though with only 1200 of 40mm pipe you might get away with it.

Thanks for your advice. I'll take it back and get the resealing type then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back