Friendly Format 80e wont fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need help. I have a Friendly Format 80E that wont fire up for DHW and GCH. It makes as to fire on demand from tap or thermostat, but only for about a second, the fan and pump try to start at the same time the PCB makes a click. There is no spark or any pilot light present, in fact when switched off from the elecs and restarted ie, the control knob turned to the flame position there is no ignition of the pilot. Any suggestions? could it be the internal fuse reffered to as F1 in the manual.
Thanks. Doug

Sponsored Links
doug079 said:
Hi, I need help. I have a Friendly Format 80E that wont fire up for DHW and GCH. It makes as to fire on demand from tap or thermostat, but only for about a second, the fan and pump try to start at the same time the PCB makes a click. There is no spark or any pilot light present, in fact when switched off from the elecs and restarted ie, the control knob turned to the flame position there is no ignition of the pilot. Any suggestions? could it be the internal fuse reffered to as F1 in the manual.
Thanks. Doug

have you checked the air pressure switch

I've just realised that the boiler doesn't respond to the room thermostat at all but the symptons remain the same for the DHW and it doesn't seem that the fuse is at fault as the green light is illuminated ( but no red light on failure to start from hot water demand!)

BOB.DOLE said:
doug079 said:
Thanks. Doug

have you checked the air pressure switch
Hi Bob, How do I check the air pressure switch? thanks. Doug

Sponsored Links
Bob, do you really think that you should be giving advice to a non CORGI about safety devices unless you are convinced they are competent AND that its their own appliance?

Probably the right device malfunctioning though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back