Ravenheat CSI Primary Condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Ravenheat primary condensing boiler that fires and stops repeatedly every 5 seconds or so. Has anyone encountered this problem before.

Sponsored Links
Isn't it still under guarantee?

Was it a quality installer who was CORGI registered and assembled the flue correctly?

Tony

Its 4 years old. The installer was the Irish equivalent of CORGI, Bord Gais approved. One of the APS tubes does not connect to anything at one end. Is this the norm for this model.

I cannot speak for that model but many boilers only have a single connection to the APS. I assume there is no dangling tube hanging loose!

Have you checked the flue seals are correctly in place? Does the APS switch on/off ? If not....

It could also be a flame detection fault. Have you checked the continuity from tip of electrode to the PCB ?

If thats OK it might be the PCB is not recognising the flame.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The APS tube that is free is about 4 inches long and just juts out straight ahead. Flue seals are fine and APS appears to switch on and off fine. I will check the continuity between elecrode tip and pcb before I purchase a new pcb (providing I can get one over here for this model GC 47 581 05.)
Many thanks for your reply Tony.

If you have a dangling APS tube and no second venturi connection on the fan then did it go to a second external test point?

Are you quite sure no one has changed the fan for an incorrect type?

The further you go from civilisation the more likely a bodge may have been done!

On the Mainland, if its not in stock the it usually comes ( for £15 extra ) after 3 days. Presumably that becomes a week in the Republic and rather more carriage?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back