Miele Dishwasher Turbo vent spits water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi....Anyone know why the door mounted drying vent on my Miele G 975 SC PLUS Freestanding Dishwasher spits water as it's drying?
Also if the door is lowered at anytime water drips out of the vent and onto the floor.
I'm pretty handy, so I can remove the door skin to investigate, but I'm hoping someone here has seen this before and can save me some time by offering some suggestions...(maybe a drain pipe is blocked...or a blocking valve not shutting off properly..?..who knows?)
Thaks in advance for help... :p

Sponsored Links
Problem solved !!!....

As suspected...the drain pipe from the vent / fan unit leading back to the detergent dispenser was blocked. Poked it clear with a wire and...hey presto !!!.....SIMPLE.

(Miele Technical Dept at Abingdon were very helpful in offering this advice...Thank you....Although the company was rather keen to sugest one of their "Engineers" would be required to properly diagnose / correct the fault).

Surely, this is another example of a common fault which is known by the manufacturers to be easily fixed. Why don't they add these types of problems in their troubleshooting guide in the owner's manual?.....Mostly all they offer is advice for dummies ! (Like....No lights showing - switch it ON....or, dishes not clean - add detergent !!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back