Bosch Dryer Element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC00007.gif

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what's wrong with this Bosch tumble dryer, but does anyone have an opinion on how it happened?

The machine is a WTA2000GB/01 from about 1999. It stopped working on low heat some time ago and then on Saturday it went completely cold. The heater cutout didn't trip, there are no blockages anywhere and there was no evidence of the machine getting excessively hot before it died.

Would anyone have expected the stat on the rear panel (shown in photo) to have shut the machine down before it got this bad? If so then I need a thermostat AND an element which may just make it a write-off at Bosch prices.[/code]

Sponsored Links
The stat would only shut the heater off if it overheated. The element has failed so no heat. 7 years of heating up and cooling down , not a bad innings for an element really.
It's a crosslee made dryer (White Knight), rebadged bosch. Element and stats come as a kit and aren't too expensive. On the back of the machine should be a 12 digit number (product number) unless these are removed by Bosch.

:D You just saved me £50!! :D

Ordered the Crosslee part from SparesRUs for £22.95 instead onf £75.88 from Bosch.

Thanks - I'd like to buy you a big pint...

Nick

Sponsored Links
bodger67 said:
:D You just saved me £50!! :D

Ordered the Crosslee part from SparesRUs for £22.95 instead onf £75.88 from Bosch.

Thanks - I'd like to buy you a big pint...

Nick

No problem. Now where do I send my invoice to? :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back