DRAYTON RF2 Wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I being stupid ????

The batteries have ran out in my Drayton RF2 wireless thermostat, so I obviously changed them with Duracell AA's.

However, i'm getting a low battery indication after one day, on the thermostat. I have checked the connections inside and they are sound. The batteries have the indicaor on them to check the charge and it's quite low!!!!

Why is the thermostat eating the current on duracell batteries ????!!!!! Any ideas's would be appreciated. Am I not meant to use duracell, or is there a special battery I am supposed to use !!???

Thanks

Brian

Sponsored Links
Dont want to sound patronising but did you check the charge on the batteries first :?: you should get a lot longer than that

ensure they carriages are properly home as they are buuggers for not clicking in properly

Cheers for help,

Didn't check the charge first as they were brand new !!, your right, could have been a duff batch !!!

Anyway, I've put another new set in, will wait and see what happens !!!

Thanks again all

Brian

Sponsored Links
Yup!!!

Checked both drawers !!!!

It's gone through yet another set of batteries in two days !!!! These were ANOTHER set of duracell's !!! Checked the drawers and the connectors. They are making with the battery fine. It drains the batteries in the left hand drawer (which obviously powers it !!!) Wierd.

Do you know if you can purchase the RF2 transmitter on it's own so that you don't have to buy the receiver as well. I presume they all operate on the same frequency (about 418Mhz).

Manual heating for me at the moment, or £600 worth of batteries !!!

Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back