vaillant 828e no hot water no C/H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Vaillant turbomax 828E - four years old. When boiler turned on the green light flashes. When hot water tap turned on status mode indicates 1/ ignition sequence (warm start) then 2/ S13 ignition sequence (hot water operation. The boiler makes hopeful noises then displays 3/ S33 check air/flue system. Ollski and Rob suggested I change the APS which I did this morning. Unfortunately that hasn’t fixed it.When C/H turned on there is hopeful noise but no lights flashing. There is no blockage in the flue. A plumber, not a vaillant expert has suggested it’s the electronic control board at fault.
Could that be right?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply. by prove the APS do you mean blow/suck down each of it's nozzles? the one I fitted this morning was brand new from the Parts Centre (50 quid) - didn't think i'd need to test it in any way

hi ed, when i say an APS fault it may just be a case of fan venturi or simply that the tubes require cleaning out. give everything a good blowing out
but dont blow into th APS, you may damage it.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, don't think thats the problem tho'. have squeezed the blue and white tubes leading to the APS there's no blockage.
haven't attacked the fan venturi yet.the fan is working perfectly. what bit is the venturi part - sorry don't know the word,

it will be located inside the fan if anywhere, where do the tubes from the APS go. on the fan i presume?

this will be where the venturi is located, probably requires cleaning

Rob 884,
am ecstatic that after taking your advice and blimey -oh-so-simple I blew down the blue and white tubes from the APS to fan venturi I have hot water for the first time in 5 days. No more having a sponge bath with water from the kettle.
Thank you so much for being on this site, you are a gentleman.

AH, but did you blow down the tubes in the Corgi approved (and Certified) manner? :eek: ;)

Chris R,
very funny and very quick. I can only thank you guys again. I wish I could offer such expertise. you think the queen is corgi registered?
enough, i'm off to have a bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back