cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I've drained my system in order to replace two broken radiators. All the old ones I've had off to rinse through, and I've fitted thermostatic valves to upstairs ones.

Put heating on yesterday. All okay after bleeding, except one upstairs radiator. I left the bleed-screw right out for about an hour or more, and thought there was a slight hissing, but it stayed cold at the top though hot at the bottom, and no water spirted.

Drained system again today to fix a leak. Refilled. Now several of the radiators are odd. Some hot at bottom not at top, one hot at top and not at bottom. Some of the pipes are cold as well.

Help,please!

Sponsored Links
Could be your feed pipe is blocked, so it fills really slowly.
Sometimes you can use a water-vac or the mains to get it cleared, round the feed-vent pipe loop by applying vac or mans on one or the other.

It blocks with sludge/scale which is also the cause of rads being cool at the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back