Changed My Water Pump but it always needs bleeding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a new grundfos grundfos 15-60 water pump a week ago.

Trouble is my heating does not work until I bleed it? I have bled it two or three times a day for the alst week. It works great after I bleed it but next day air seems to back in system.

My boiler is down stairs and pump upsatirs next to water tank.
Is this normal after changing a pump? Can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
what speed is it on? and the 15/60 is the bigger output is it sucking in air,due to low head/pipework

I am pretty sure its the right way round. It has an arrow on the pump which is the same way round as on the old one ie pointing otwards the 3 port valve.

I did drain the system down when I changed the pump.

How many times would the pump normally need bleeding on a typical system drain down? Can anyone give me a rough idea?

Pump is currently on speed 3 ie max as I live in a 3 storey house and the pump is on the top floor!

Sponsored Links
as gordon said it may be sucking air down the open vent pipe when it first kicks in, try turning the speed down.

Wow. turned speed to mimnimum last night and system worked great with litttle or noise from pump and piping hot central heating!

Worked this morning fine also!

I will let you know if it starts to happen again but I am pretty sure it has solved it!

Thanks for everyones help!

Help - air in pump again after running on lowest speed for a few days?
Once air is bled from pump and vent pipe above the pump the system works great?
Is there anything I can do to the system to stop the air getting getting into the pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back