powermax 155 - hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into rented accomodation with a Powermax 155 boiler - no instruction manual! We have hot water on tap, but I cant get the heating to work. The wall thermostat is up, the timer unit on the wall is set to auto and lights up when expected - but the radiators dont warm up (the taps on the radiators are open). However, if i use some hot water the boiler burner light comes on - and the radiators heat up for about 5 mins but is not maintained.
Without a manual im slightly stuck- am i missing something or does it sound like theres a problem

Sponsored Links
If the rads come on when you ask for hot water then there may be a problem.

As you are renting you should ask the Landlord or Agent to come and explain how to get the heating to operate. They will probably find its faulty and should get it fixed within a shortish time say 48 hours weekdays.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back