Clattering Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating boiler radiators came on in the middle of the night, even though it was set to auto off! I could hear them coming on and off every couple of minutes then it went off. I have the central heating set on timer. Also, when the central heating comes on the boiler makes a loud clacking noise as it is starting up. Another problem is when it is raining and it is very windy the rain gets blown into the flue and leaks through the boiler on the wall into the house. I have noticed that the flue pipe is positioned slightly upwards instead of horizontal, so I can see why the water is pouring in! Could this have caused the boiler to make this noise and start up when it shouldn't.

Sponsored Links
You have not told us the make and model!!!

If its not condensing the the flue should slope downwards and it could be dangerous or damage the appliance if water enters like this.

My advice would be to get a CORGi to inspect it and assess the situation.

You could probably assist as necessary to chip away the cement which should be sealing the flue to the wall to enable it to be repositioned safely and correctly.

Tony

It is a Baxi Condensing Boiler 130 HE. I will get it checked!
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Was it fitted by a reputable installer?

Its an installer error and his responsibility to put it right.

You could report him to CORGI and they will inspect and issue a defects notice requiring him to put it right and any other defects as well.

If you had it installed by a non reg cowboy then putting it right is down to you!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back