sniffa gas detector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could you tell if these units are reliable and worth there money.the unit i was going to get was the kane unit with flexible neck.also how good are the pen style detectors thanks :?:

Sponsored Links
I use the TPI 720 - about £120.00.

Had it for years, very reliable and have always found leaks - the large thunbwheel makes it easy to adjust the sensitivty as you move the probe around plus earpiece connection for noisy environments.

Sponsored Links
Couple of troubles with all of the cheapish ones, mainly that anything volatile is liable to make them register. This includes leak detection fluids!

They also are temperature sensitive.

The pen style ones aren't adjustable so not very sensitive.

I advise you DON'T get one with rechargeable batteries built in. If you use it only every few weeks, the damn things will always be flat when you need to use it.

Non cheapish ones, as uses by Transco , need calibration and just cost too much. (~£1000)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back