New Worcester Boiler With No Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My mother had a new Worcester Greenstar 24i junior combi boiler installed around May of this year and seems to have had no end of trouble with it although I believe it may be the fitter rather than the boiler at fault.

She had a British Gas fitter so I thought that would be ok but since fitting it he has been back 3 times. Each time the hot water would not work but the central heating was fine although the first time was because he admitted he had done something wrong and the second time she had to have a plumber in for something and he had muddled up the pipes apparently under the sink, which affected the boiler not working properly. Now this time she has just tried to put on the central heating and that does not come on although the hot water is working fine and is hotter than normal. I have tried the boiler also and I can't get the heating to come on either.

The boiler has never had any of the error lights flashing, which is why I am assuming it is the fitter rather than the boiler but I am not keen on calling him back again but at the same time, the Worcester site mentions that if there is no problem with the boiler they will charge my mother.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem here?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like A: You have used an unregistered person.
B: You are using people who don't know what they're doing.
I can only guess as to why. Looking for a cheap job perhaps? You get what you pay for.

Did the installer not demonstrate the operation of the boiler including running the central heating before he left?

Presumably on horse-back. Yee-hah, yippy ki-yay.

Sponsored Links
bluebells said:
She had a British Gas fitter
Presumably doing a private job on the side? That would mean he wasn't Corgi registered and the installation probably doesn't conform to building regulations.

quick solution , ring fitter tell him/her your off to corgi if it anit sorted ?

guaranteed to get a result

dont mess with these people , u hold the cards not them .

arf

Its said that if you report a British Gas person who is doing unregistered gas work in his spare time then he will be SACKED !!!

In addition if he is working unregistered then you can report him to CORGI !!!

A British Gas employee is NOT ALLOWED to do work in his spare time UNLESS he hold his own CORGI registration.

A British Gas employee ( while working for BG ) was quite rude to me today just because I had advised the customer who had paid £3000 to get a simple boiler replaced and the job was done and left with gas safety defects. I was not pleased with his attitude. ( BG can contact me to appologise on 07956 440480. )

Tony

Give him a buzz, he has come back to sort one error he made and kindly also sorted a problem caused by someone else. Sounds pretty reasonable to me pretty sure he will come and see if there is a problem or not.

Bg employees doing gas work in their own time run a good chance of being sacked even with their own registration.

Tony was that horrible Bg man being nasty to you?, you should have said something back ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back