New DIY guy, radiator moving.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya everyone,

I have been involved with a fair bit of DIY over the years, but I need to move a radiator in my house. It needs to be moved 1m to the left to make it central under the window. I just wanted a bit of advice. Ive included a picture to assist you all!!

radiator.gif

Bit of background info. The radiator piping is 10mm copper piping, and the pipes are easily located under the floorboards and I was planning on using compressions couplers for this.

I know I need to drain the system first as I will be splicing the pipe before and after teh lockshield and manual control valves. I have a combi boiler and have no idea how to do this..... This is my first question. How do I do it? lol...

Secondly, am I ok re-using the existing valves that are on the radiator, or do i have to get new ones?

PS any further advice would be great!!

Sponsored Links
your probably going to have to be more specific than that, ie if you have a closed system or a vented system, if you have a thermostat ect. read a few pages first you will probs find the same question has been asked again and again. Im not trying to be a smart @ss, ive just read 40 od dof the pages on this part of the forum, and found the people in the know want you to be more specific. If you htink there are loads of different types of boilrs, and pumps and ways to install a system you cant expect someone to tell you how to drain yours without any info - hope your not offended by my comments :: theyre not meant to be offensive or condesending

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back