Fitting Towel Warmer - Mistral Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a microbore system which uses a 2 pipe system with the mistral valves, so just one entry point to radiator. I would like to fit a towel warmer in the bathroom but as all that I can find have the pipe entries at the bottom, I need an elbow to connect to my mistral valve. All radiator tail connectors seem to be straight.

Anybody got any idea if there is such a connector or what arrangement I could use to avoid having to connect new pipes etc as the floor is solid concrete and so would involve lots of dirty drilling. Also don't fancy just bringing the microbore along the wall under the towel warmer as that would look cluttered and also prone to getting damaged.

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
wy not just cut the pipes to the twin entry valve and run it as a standard towel radiator with two straight rad valves?

Thanks for your reply, the twin entry valve is located such that I can not mount the towel radiator in the middle because the radiator would then be partly behind the toilet bowl. I wanted to avoid running a pipe along the wall if possible as it is likely just to get knocked with the hoover etc.

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
All the twin entry microbore valves have a tube which goes into the rad from the valve.

You could make an elbow arrangement but that would require a very flexible inner tube and yours may not be very flexible and will probably flatten.

I dont understand why you are unable to extend the microbore pipe to each side of the towel rad.

Tony

Thanks for your replies, a trip to B&Q and a play about with a few bits and pieces has led me to the following solution which will provide a nice neat finish and no need for trailing microbore which will just get damaged.

I will leave the existing radiator tail connected to valve then connect a 1/2'' female BSP to 15mm commpression elbow, like the one below

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100122&ts=79729&id=17647

Then I will use a commpression radiator valve tail to connect that to the towel radiator.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15531&ts=79983

Job done, £4.00 or so and not too untidy.

The injector tube is plenty flexible and will easily go around the bend with no flattening.

Thanks
Andrew

If its that flexible then it should be on the flow and definately not on the return otherwise it will be flattenned by the flow!

Tony

Hi Agile,

It is on the flow, see the following picture about half way down the page for the type of tube I am talking about.

http://www.yorkshirefittings.co.uk/fittings.cfm?brand=07&defsub=40

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing, but the flexible pipe which extends the flow out of the valve and into the radiator is made of much stronger stuff than the microbore pipe itself. It is sort of corrugated to allow it to bend to insert it into the radiator.

Thanks
Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back