Ariston EuroCombi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston EuroCombi boiler (model A/23 MFFI) which has become temperimental in refusing to supply any hot water.Sometimes it works but most of the time now doesn't.First noticed when tried to run the heating about three days ago and no hot water either.Bled all rads and pump and two bleed screws situated under where boiler is mounted - no avail!.At switch on it doesn't ignite the pump starts (it sounds like),fan starts for approx 7 seconds then all cuts off leaving little red LED on.Followed fault finder in manual to where it says check air pressure switch.Removed air pressure switch noting what went where and tried gently sucking and blowing through tubes and hearing clicking noise (obviously i do not know how to test this ! is there is a way or do i just replace ??) Put back switch and put back together and left for the night.Tried at lunchtime and hey presto ! hot water and heating - till the thermostat switched the burner off and back to square one - tiny red warning light.I think i've mentioned everything. Can anybody advise ?? would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it,s over heating and cutting out. have you had to press the reset button underneath the boiler? If so it could be that the pumps not circulating.

i'm sorry i've just edited the posting - At start up the pump seems to start and the fan comes on but it doesn't fire up at all then about 6-7 seconds later it shuts off so i can't see how anything would be overheating.Oh and i cant find that reset button you referred to.Thanks

just tried it again switched to HW and Heating and it fired up - ran a bath but no heating then when tap turned off boiler shut down !!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sound like corgi type stuff - ie someone would need to measure a few gas pressures and know what to look for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back