No hot water(barely) from combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just ripped out all of the lead pipe from my bathroom and now have just a trickle of hot water. The system is a Halstead Quattro Gold combi boiler. Central heating and cold water are fine and I'm sure that I've connected as it was. Any ideas anyone, please.

Sponsored Links
You may have blocked a filter or something in the boiler with debris from your pipe works.

I don't think that it is debris as I went back as far as possible to clean pipe and put fresh pipe up to the combi. The cold pressure is ok up to the combi, but only a trickle coming out. Funny thing is, before I did this job the hot water flow was not brilliant but I was thinking it may be the tap which is now not there.

disconnect the hot from the boiler and check the flow into a bucket ??

Sponsored Links
Yes I'd done that. There is what seems a pressured spurt of water for about 4 seconds and then the same trickle as downstairs.

remove the isolater on the cold side is it fully open or partially blocked maybe ?? it is only a ball isolator and mybe damged ? i am guessing here.

Took the isolator valve off and it was open and looked dirty. cleaned the filter but still the same. thanks for keep trying though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back