Ferroli 77 FF pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old Ferroli 77 FF that has started playing up since we started using it this autumn. I pressure the system to the recommended 1 bar when the heating is off and the pressure holds steady. When the heating cuts in the pressure rises until it gets to 3 bar then the relief valve lets some water out. As a consequence, the pressure when cold is left at around 0.2 bar but the heating will still cut in. The whole system seems to be working fine apart from having to top up the pressure. I had a look in the manual to see where the displacer unit was but it says that it's an optional part, and on my boiler there isn't one.
My Questions are:
1, Why does the heating still work when there is virtually no pressure?
2, Why is the system going up to 3 bar?
3, Why is there no displacer on the boiler, should there be one somewhere else on the system?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Sponsored Links
C'mon Dave, put your hand in your pocket & spend some of that moneyon a new boiler!!

Arctic Bob :D

you said it m8 AN OLD FERROLI they were rubbish when they first came out . :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back