copper pushfit underground??

buy a blow torch and use solder ring fittings they are easy for the diyer they wont leak . i dont understand why you have to test pipe at 10 bar my combi would blow up before it got to that

Sponsored Links
suffolklad said:
buy a blow torch and use solder ring fittings they are easy for the diyer they wont leak .

If only that were true. Solder rings are no easier than end feed, and if the joints are not done properly, they are harder to rectify.

i dont understand why you have to test pipe at 10 bar my combi would blow up before it got to that

Because if the pipework will stand 10bar for 1 hour, it will be VERY unlikely to be a problem at 1 bar. It's easier to test and fix than to cross fingers and lift the floor later.

Apologies to come in a bit late with this question, but why does this pipe run need to have any underground connections at all?

Softus said:
Apologies to come in a bit late with this question, but why does this pipe run need to have any underground connections at all?

cosmetic, new piping above the tiles could have ran from the old radiator was to where the new radiator will be, about 300mm of pipe running along the floor would spoil the look of the wifes tiles ...silly really but i can't go back now! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Well if you've got to connect to the old pipe anyway, why not cut it back further to avoid joints being under the tiles :?: Just a thought :D

oilman said:
suffolklad said:
buy a blow torch and use solder ring fittings they are easy for the diyer they wont leak .
If only that were true.
But it is true - this is the reason that Yorkshire manufactures them and people buy them. And if you do the preparation correctly then you don't even need that third hand to hold the solder reel.

Solder rings are no easier than end feed...
I disagree.

...and if the joints are not done properly, they are harder to rectify.
I agree.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back