Boiler won't ignite - advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

My Potterton Flamingo 11 RS 20-30 (gas) worked fine all through last winter but now the pilot light doesn't stay lit. I've changed the thermocouple to no avail.

I've read the advice on tackling boiler problems, but I'm just wondering if there's some procedure I'm missing since firing it up last winter.

The pump (Grundfos MK11) seems to be working; by that I mean its speed settings make a difference sound-wise.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Think you'll be looking at a corgi to come in and swap the gas valve if the pilot is playing on the thermocouple when you try and light it.

ollski said:
Think you'll be looking at a corgi to come in and swap the gas valve if the pilot is playing on the thermocouple when you try and light it.

Thanks for the reply, ollski. Before I call someone, would it be worth trying the reset switch? And if so, do you know where it's situated?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back