smoothing bumps/ridges under lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just put up some lining paper I have noticed (or the wife has noticed) there is still the odd bump here and there - even though I spent ages preparing the walls . Is there any way to hide these prior to painting - without removing the paper ! . Or should I just get a less fussy wife !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
You can fill them. Though if the lining paper has not been hung correctly, then there is a chance the lining paper may blister when the filler is applied......................................The chioce is yours.

You could seal them first before you fill em with some thinned out undercoat...this should prevent the filla soaking into te lining paper and possibly causeing it to bubble as thirds says

thanks for that - will give it a go - is it best to use something like poly-filla , or the decorators fillerb you get in a tube ?

Sponsored Links
poly...and not the ready mixed stuff...it sets like concrete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back