Halstead ACE Boiler - Sytem Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Last week I noticed that the system pressure had dropped to just above 0.5 Bar so I re-pressurised to to around 1.0 Bar. Just looked at it and it is sitting at just below 2.0 Bar. We are going away for a fortnight and I was wondering if it is safe to let it stay as it is or should the pressure be lowered?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't state the boiler condition, cold or hot ?. My daughter has the same boiler, pressure when cold 0.8 bar pressure but rises to 1.8 bar when hot, which is normal. If the increase is not due to water expansion then somewhere the higher mains pressure is leaking across to the heating side.
I take it you have removed the filling loop to ensure it cant cause any non intentional increase in pressure.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MANDATE said:
You don't state the boiler condition, cold or hot ?. My daughter has the same boiler, pressure when cold 0.8 bar pressure but rises to 1.8 bar when hot, which is normal. If the increase is not due to water expansion then somewhere the higher mains pressure is leaking across to the heating side.
I take it you have removed the filling loop to ensure it cant cause any non intentional increase in pressure.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I think you have hit the nail on the head regarding the temperature resulting in the change in pressure. IT has probably always done it but I have not seen it. Guilty re the filling loop it is still in place but the tap is firmly turned to off. It is now removed completely.
:oops:
Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back