power shower to combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so what will happen if i connect a power shower direct to the water mains to put it in very simple terms

Sponsored Links
Well, if the pump flow rate is higher than that of the main, then you'll be pumping water away from your neighbours and/or risking the ingress of impurities at points of negative pressure.

You would also aotumatically qualify for entrance into the National Stupid Competition.

scruffycat said:
so what will happen if i connect a power shower direct to the water mains to put it in very simple terms

In simple terms you would be a foolish idiot risking your own health & possibly the health of all who share your water supply, don`t do it.

Sponsored Links
I doubt the pump pressure would be higher than the incoming main

But I agree stupid question :rolleyes:

sime10 said:
I doubt the pump pressure would be higher than the incoming main
Don't doubt it, be certain that this is what would happen the moment there's a transient drop in the supply pressure.

Suppose not impossible but I say very doubtfull but if there is reasonable doubt I agree with you Softus (again)

scruffycat said:

Not a lot, you will just proberbly knacker a new very expensive pump.

sime10 said:
Suppose not impossible but I say very doubtfull but if there is reasonable doubt I agree with you Softus (again)
At the risk of being accused of harping on about this, my point is that the OP didn't ask about the risk of whatever could happen when pumping the mains, but asked what would happen if he did it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back