Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I realise that people usually come her for solutions when things go wrong, but I'm looking for recommendations.

Looking for a new combi for a 4 bed house, 2 bathrooms, 12 rads, running on LPG. Currently have an under powered old Ideal W2000, RS60P boiler. My calculations suggest I need something rated at about 87K BTUs or 24-28kW. Current water flow rate is 12l/min. The flow rate is currently restricted by the main stopcock to avoid water hammer.

I have had various quotes to replace with different boilers: Alpha CD32C, Worcester Greenstar 35HE Plus and a Biasi Garda HE

So I'm just looking for recommendations from a wider field of experts really, either on the merits of these or any alternatives.

I should say this is going to be installed in the loft and so something with remote controls is desirable.

TIA

Lee

Sponsored Links
Yep, out of the 3 greenstar is the rolls royce. Fitted a 35 cdi an wakefield on a 4 bed detatched, the bloke was wetting himself afterwards, loves it! You get what you pay for in a boiler, vaillant are good build quality and a little cheaper but stick with the worcester.

My boss likes the valliant but we recently fitten a greenstar with wireless controls- piece of cake and ran like a dream. :)

Sponsored Links
Fitted a few of the vaillants and been very impressed, can`t see much difference in them to worcester apart from the price. The digital diagnostics on them are packed with all the essential info you need, no need to be digging around with the old multi meter when it`s playing up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back