flame ligths off/on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if some one can give me some advice.

The problem:

I have a combi poterton puma 100e boiler . ance the central heating is on the flames lights on the boiler keeps switching off and on. Is this a problem with the boiler . The flame ignites switches off after about 15 seconds then on again after another 10 seconds+- . It repeats this cycle constantly.
The result is a very poor heating on a three floor house. The heating works for the first 40 minutes after that goes down,

Possible solutions:

I am thinking in taking an insurance from Potertton.co.uk for £299 covers for any problem just on the boiler 12 month insurance + up to £1500 in parts

Can some one garantee that this is a boiler problem. I don't one to take this insurance and then have to find some one else to do the job becouse the insurance only cover boiler problems.

any sugestions wiil be vary apreciate.
regards

Sponsored Links
Yes but An ingenier will came to make sure that there is not problem and poterton has confirmed that they will repaired and cover for the next 12 motnh.
do you know any other that will cover any past problems

not from round these parts, are you ?

It does sound like a boiler problem. I would take a stab at some kind of of obstruction or pump failure not allowing heat to get out of the heat exchanger and turning the heat off

ICBW

you're prolly better off getting someone in, Insurances, especially british gas ones IMHO are a rip off

What part of London are you ?

Sponsored Links
I am learning some spanish from a customer who is not very happy with her husband.

Soon I will be able to say that I am "An ingenier" and what would she like me to do!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back